House Cleaning Cremorne – Mattress
It is easy to think that if we change our sheets and bedding each week the our mattress will be clean. But this is only part of what is required. Mattresses will accumulate some really filthy gunk, largely due to dust mites, dead skin cells and bugs. The old joke about the mattresses doubling their weight due to the accumulation of skin cells and dust mites is actually not far from the mark.
Preventing the issues:
- Cleaning the sheets every week will help keep the mattress clean.
- A mattress cover will greatly reduce the accumulation of bugs debris and dead skin cells.
- Vacuuming the mattress will help.
put a protective cover over the pillow, under the pillow slip. Continue to wash the slip every week.
- Clean the mattress every few months.
Cleaning the mattress
- Take the mattress outside and beat it with a stick/rod/broom handle while it is vertical.
- Give the mattress a vacuum
- Cover the mattress with bicarb of soda and leave this on for an hour or two.
- Re-vacuum the mattress to remove the bicarb.
- Leaving the mattress in bright sunlight for a few hours will help kill off some nasty elements, like dust mites.
- Some people like to give the mattress a UV treatment. This apparently works if you use it long enough. But few of us have a UV light large enough to cover whole mattress for a few hours.
- Mix a few teaspoons of rubbing alcohol into some water and spray this onto the mattress, and leave it for a few hours. This kill many types of mites.
- Spray a little lavender oil, tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil (diluted in water) on the mattress.
Thoroughly clean the bed before returning the mattress. Vacuuming is usually enough. some disinfectant or alcohol spray might also help.
House Cleaning Cremorne
Keeping the mattress and bedding clean will greatly reduce allergen problems. It might also help us get a better night’s sleep. If you suffer low grade flu symptoms then the problem might be dust mites and an unclean mattress.